The Texas Silver-Haired Legislature (TSHL) is supported by the Area Agency on Aging of the Coastal Bend through a steering committee that coordinates the TSHL election process. Created in 1985, the TSHL is a representative, non-partisan body of 116 older persons elected from across the state who meet biennially in Austin to address issues and draft proposed legislation of concern of older Texans.
- Cantu, Rodolfo (Rudy), TSHL Representative
- Gutierrez Elia, TSHL Representative & Committee Co-Chair
- Lee, Joyce, TSHL Representative & Committee Co-Chair
- Morrow, Frances, TSHL Representative
- Walsh, Mark, Committee Co-Chair