A Matter of Balance is a falls prevention program for adults age 60 and older who are concerned about falls, or have sustained a fall in the past. This is accomplished through group discussion, problem-solving strategies and increasing the physical activity levels of those who have concerns about falls.
The program consists of eight two-hour sessions held twice per week for four weeks. The A Matter of Balance program is conducted at various locations throughout the Coastal Bend region.
- are you worried about falls?
- have you had a fall in the past?
- do you limit activities because of concerns about falling?
- are you interested in better flexibility, balance and strength?
If you answered yes, classes can help you learn to:
- control falls and fear of falling
- increase your physical activity
- reduce fall hazards in your home
- build strength, balance, and flexibility
For information about classes, contact the Area Agency on Aging of the Coastal Bend.
Funded in part by:
Follow the link to our calendar